Don’t think of a tie as a rope to strangle or hang you. Consider it as a fashion accessory that is a pleasure to wear.
Sure, some knots can be tricky to tie, and they can end up lop-sided, too long, or too short. Unattended, they sometimes seem to have a life of their own.
If you don’t care how you tie your tie, it will tie you in knots. As ties have a natural attraction for ketchup and bourguignon sauce, men whose stomachs take priority tend to leave their ties in the cupboard.
However, the groom, the best man, and any self-respecting guest at a wedding, cannot avoid the challenge of an elegant knot. And much more confidence radiates from a businessman who wears a well-tied WINDSOR.
The elegance of a silk-lined tie tells everyone who you are.
This apparently simple accessory can make the difference between a man of substance and character and a poor guy with nothing much to show for himself.
Men who want to look fashionable take great pleasure in using the extensive range of materials and patterns available. Other men strive for elegance in the many combinations a tie can be made to play with shirts, suits, cuff-links, and breast-pocket handkerchiefs.
Discrete and refined, sober and elegant, flashy and loud, each man clearly indicates his predominant style by what he wears around his neck. A man’s tie mirrors his daily state of mind. Its distinct visibility is for everyone’s eye. A tie can be seductive. Lastly and most importantly, it is a sign of self-respect.
- History Originally worn for warmth by soldiers , the tie appeared in France during the reign of Louis XIII. At that time, Croatian soldiers were recruited by the king of France. They wore a knotted scarf aro... >
- Care A tie has two problems: it creases easily and it can get stained . If you want your favourite ties to have a long life you have to look after them. Meal times are the most dangerous moments for a tie... >
- Uses Each occasion calls for a particular tie for a particular moment. For an interview , choose a sober, neutral-coloured tie and keep novelty to a minimum. For the office, use your creativity to match y... >
- Colours Choosing the colour of a tie is always a delicate matter . The colours of the accompanying shirt and suit must be carefully taken into account. Generally there are two ways of achieving a good effect... >
- Patterns Like varieties of colour, patterns are extremely varied . Even though the exuberance of the 70’s is no longer in fashion, stripes never seem to go out of date . Thin and equally spaced, or alternate... >
- Women’s ties At the beginning of the 19th century, women who wore ties attracted attention. Pioneers of the feminist movement such as George Sand wore ties and dressed like men to assert their claim to emancipati... >